ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
Applicants must reside in the state of Washington. Each woman must have a professional standing and have exhibited in a least THREE shows in one or more of the following and/or provide a history of professional commission work:
A nationally recognized museum
An established gallery
The professional division of open juried exhibitions
The three qualifying shows and/or commissions must have taken place within the last five years, and recent activities must show evidence of professional growth. Work will not be considered if done under and/or critiqued by an instructor. Acceptable mediums for eligibility are: paints of all kinds, pastels, colored pencil, charcoal, ink, etchings, mono-types, hand pulled prints, encaustic, collage.
We will start accepting applications November 1. All applications are due by JANUARY 31, 2020. It is a good idea to mail your packet by January 28th. Late or incomplete application will not be reviewed.
Your application must consist of the following information:
1. ELEVEN (11) COPIES of a resume of your artistic career emphasizing what you have achieved IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS. DO NOT EXCEED ONE PAGE. RESUME MUST FOLLOW THIS FORMAT AND INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
a. Your letterhead containing full name, address, city, state, zip, phone, e-mail, date.
b. Your education, artistic background, and any art related extra curricular activities.
c. The name of juried shows, their locations, and show dates.
d. Commission work.
e. The name of galleries and other exhibitions, their locations, and show dates.
f. Awards received and publications.
g. Your professional affiliations (membership dates and positions held).
h. On the same page include a short artist statement about your work (philosophy, technique, etc.).
2. Five professional images of a cohesive body of work, from the last 5 years, each image labeled by number, artist, medium, date completed, size, title. Email these images to Sheila Theodoratos (or you may send them on a non-returnable CD or thumb drive).
Helpful information for preparing images is provided in the Guidelines Document.
3. ELEVEN (11) COPIES of an image identification sheet with artist letterhead, corresponding numbers, medium, date completed sizes and titles.
4. One SIGNED copy of this application/check list. Please retain a copy for your file
5. SASE if you would like your CD returned.
6. Have you applied in previous years? Yes/No Year(s) ____________
7. Please email Kathy Collins at to notify that your application packet has been mailed.
There are two rounds of judging to become a WPW member. The first round is based on the professionalism of your application, the strength of your resume and the cohesiveness of work presented in your art images. Applications are reviewed in the spring. The Membership Committee nominates which applicants best fulfill ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS listed above. Those nominated will be invited to submit five original, professionally framed works to the WPW membership meeting in April. At this meeting, the general membership will view your 5 pieces and then vote on the acceptance of new members to WPW.
Mail applications to: Kathy Collins at 3865NE 155th St., Lake Forest, WA 98155
Co-chair: Kathy Collins or 206-399-5241